Monday, June 13, 2011

Touring with Big

When I found out what Big did for a living I was very excited because he makes a living doing the very thing that inspired me to switch my major! He works in experiential marketing. I don't work in that field but I still have a desire to, and I know that I don't want to keep doing my current vocation forever. I always thought I would get a sensible college degree so I would have something to fall back on, and in this particular field the adage "it's not what you know but who you know" is more law than myth.

I always wanted a family business. I love working with family and the time spent working in the same office as josh and mia was the happiest of my working experiences since my current position. I love the connection that it creates when you work on something relevant to each other, it gives you so much more to talk about...at least to me.

I've gone out on a couple of marketing tours with Big and we are talking more and more of how we can be the ones to write the checks and plan the tours...he's been the frontrunner of these talks, which is wonderful because I'm used to being the idea-haver. It is refreshing to know I am coupled with someone who is as ambitious as I am.

I was worried that being on the road and working with Big would bring up issues, fighting, discomfort, etc...and I figure it would have best to just get all of that out of the way. Oddly enough things have been nothing but smooth. I have to check myself a good bit because I'm not used to not being in the management role in situations like this...so I have to remember that lol. But I am learning a lot and I'm really good at it so far.

It is nice to know that I am building experience and learning so much while still working and doing what I love. It is also nice to know that so far Big and I haven't torn off each others' heads lol. I like working and living and I'm learning that as long as you like work and life you're doing pretty good!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment