Tuesday, April 26, 2011

work work work

I've been doing a lot of work on my new lesson plans. Now all I need is a space in which to teach...preferably one that allows me to get paid yet doesn't cost an arm and a leg to rent. That type of space is LA is actually hard to come by. I could teach my little heart out at this cute little community club house/meeting place....but they don't pay their presenters and well since I'm a professional I need to be paid for teaching my art. I know it is flattery but I have already seen knock offs of my style out there in photos, and that's fine but it does make me think twice before I just give away my trade secrets. Also most places here are really expensive to rent, then you have to find seating and teaching aids and staff to man the door and make sure everyone gets all the paperwork done...all that kinda stuff. But I feel that any minute now an opportunity will present itself and I will have a space to share my workshops with folk.

I miss teaching so much. It feels like a lifetime since I taught a proper class and I've been ready to return. I do have a four-hour spot at a trade show at the LA Convention Center in a month or so. That will be nice! I think I will be able to do a nice demo and get the word out about my art and classes.

I've also been doing a lot of planning on some other projects to come...and this time I'm armed with a team of pros who have been in the industry for a while and know what they are doing. It's scary to think that I might actually be able to pull off what I am planning. But I am going to damn well try.

In the meantime I have to work on losing weight! I've put on stress weight since the holidays and it's not looking pretty haha. But no matter, I am learning patience and so I think I can handle this.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment